Kill hanging cody?

Hi, cody is a very useful tool, but I’m pretty sure it’s hanging intellij pretty often (I turned it off and IntelliJ no longer hanged).

My question is, is there a way to just kill the cody process when IntelliJ hangs so that I can save my work and restart the IDE?

1 Like

I’ve noticed it too. This is new to 7.x. I’m using 2024.2.1

Here are some exceptions from the idea.log:

• java.lang.IllegalStateException: @NotNull method com/jetbrains/jsonSchema/UserDefinedJsonSchemaConfiguration.getSchemaVersion must not return null
  • org.jetbrains.plugins.github.exceptions.GithubAuthenticationException: Request response: 401 Unauthorized.
  • org.jetbrains.plugins.github.exceptions.GithubAuthenticationException: Request response: Bad credentials.
1 Like

Yep, it started to happen a couple of days ago right after the update, it had never happened before that so I assume it’s must be the update that cause the issue.

I’m seeing this issue too with both pycharm and intellij CE - My jetbrains versions are 2024.2.1 and the plugin version is 7.0.4 for pycharm and 7.0.2 for intellij. Is there a bug that can be tracked for this issue?

I installed 7.0.4 (up from 7.0.2 which hung a lot) are you sure it’s still happening on your 7.0.4 version.

Seems possibly related to inline autocomplete. I turned that off in 7.0.2 and the hang went away too.

That means on Cody JB 7.0.4 the issue is gone?

They added a new update and the hang was fixed 1-2 days ago.

1 Like