Authentication issues

Currently seeing authentication issues similar to ones that occurred a month or so ago. The VSCode extension said I needed to sign in again, and when I do, it tries to send the link back to the extension twice and then fails with

Authentication failed. Please ensure Cody is enabled for sourcegraph.com and verify your email address if required.

and

Authentication failed. Please check your token and try again.

Hey @oftaylor do you have the latest version of the extension?

Make sure your email address is verified: User - Sourcegraph

Yeah I definitely have a verified email and the latest version. It did just start working again for me so the issue was probably transitive

Ok, well if it happens again let us know and we will dive deeper.

I have had this same issue since they updated to Claude 3. I haven’t been able to use it since.

Hi, I sent you a recertification email request. Once you verify try again.

If you are still having issues, please create a token and Sign in with URL and access token and generate an access token. Next, copy and paste into the allocated field, using https://sourcegraph.com as the URL.

jdorfman,

I verified the email. I am still having this issue.

How would I sign in with url and access token?

Hey @wihlsilenth try:

Similar issue where the authentification does not work. Logged-in via GitHub and it is active and works. clicking at “Manage Account” brings me to sourcegraph.com where my Pro account is registered. but the plugin is not getting authorization - thus, it does not work. Any ideas?

@mgrabmayr try logging out and back in. If that doesn’t work remove all of your tokens and try signing in again.

I think you need to be signed in to view that. This is all I have when I click on the code extension on the side:

@wihlsilenth try this:

This issue auto-magically went away with the last update =]

i still get this error when trying to sign in with my account

i make sure that i am using the latest version of Cody Extension, i also try to sign in with URL and Token, but i still get error.
And i can sign in successfully in Rider, Webstorm, other Jetbrain’s Products
I Reverted to v1.22.0 and that work :slightly_smiling_face:

I am using VSCode Insiders, newest version, extension is updated, I tried the release and the pre-release version and I am not able to sign in. Neither with entering the auth token manually nor by clicking the button. I also tried deleting all my access tokens.

When starting VSCode, I get the error message

Failed to download bfg from URL https://github.com/sourcegraph/bfg/releases/download/v5.4.6040/bfg-windows-x64.zip: Error: unable to get local issuer certificate

I think the problem exists since three days or so. Before everything was working.

@niun, can you download that URL in your web browser? Does your machine have any special TLS certificate configuration?

Yes, I can download that URL in my browser. No, i don’t have any special TLS certificate configuration I am aware of (it is my own Win10 machine and I did not change anything regarding TLS certificates).

OK, we will look into this. The latest VS Code Insiders build (from Microsoft) seems to have caused a lot of issues like this. Can you use the non-Insiders VS Code build in the meantime?

The team pushed a fix in the latest pre-release build (v1.23.1718772677) @niun can you give that a try?