Cody using the repo

Hi All,

New Code Pro user here. Yesterday I found reference to code on a redit post so I went and signed up as a pro user.

To give it a test I started working with it to create a clone of another site. Things were great for awhile until that dreadful point when it starts forgeting the previous information. That was expected.

The part that confuses me though is that it doesn’t recover from that when given the current repository as part of the chat.

Even when starting a new chat given the current repository as part of the chat it appears to know nothing about the files.

The worst one was when I gave it the current repository (all node/express code) and it started giving me django code, it would have no idea that the code uses postgres and not mongodb.

Any idea what is going on here? Did I perhaps miss a setting or miss a step?

Hey Randy!

This is most likely due to the context window reaching its limit. We don’t have a solution to circumvent that limitation at this time.

Is this codebase open source so we can try replicating it? Also what version of the extension are you running?

Hello,

I will give this another try tomorrow since I just noticed the cody extension had an update today.

The repo is private.

Cheers,

Randy

1 Like