Unable to use Cody - PHPStorm 2023.3.6

From michal.charvat on Discord:
In the trial, I didn’t care too much, but now that I’ve paid, I would like to get what I paid for. It looks like problems in JetBrains products still exist - see the attached picture

This does seem like a bug. Could you please report it on our GitHub? We’ll get on it ASAP. Thanks!

Report created so lets hppe ASAP does not mean next year :slight_smile:

@michalcharvat Thanks for creating the report. Could you please share the link here? That way, I can make sure it gets to the right people.

Hey @michalcharvat a new release went out that fixed some common bugs with autocomplete. Can you try updating to 5.5.2?

The product team and I will watch this thread waiting to see what happens. :slight_smile:

Hey @jdorfman updated to the latest and autocomplete worked until certain time. Earliest message in the log:

2024-04-05 10:26:14,549 [2224820]   INFO - org.eclipse.lsp4j.jsonrpc.RemoteEndpoint - Failed to send notification message.
org.eclipse.lsp4j.jsonrpc.JsonRpcException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed

so still the same. How I can find the source of this issue. You wrote:

That exception indicates the Cody Agent subprocess has stopped

so am I able to see Cody Agent logs with the reason why it stopped working?

and again …

2024-04-05 13:36:33,230 [13643501]   INFO - org.eclipse.lsp4j.jsonrpc.RemoteEndpoint - Failed to send notification message.
org.eclipse.lsp4j.jsonrpc.JsonRpcException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed

Hey @michalcharvat going to loop in an engineer. Stand by :slight_smile:

Hey @michalcharvat sorry for the delay.

we have this problem reported and we are working on it
bug: org.eclipse.lsp4j.jsonrpc.JsonRpcException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed · Issue #1276 · sourcegraph/jetbrains · GitHub

Looks like it is merged and it will be released soon!

Hey @jdorfman do you know when? Yesterday I have updated to 5.5.4-nightly but nothing changed.

Hey @michalcharvat Hey @michalcharvat, we’re currently working on the JetBrains crash/memory leak issue. We’ve identified that the frequent didOpen notifications from JetBrains are causing a lot of IO and triggering complete document parses, which is where the memory leak seems to occur. We’re exploring a few potential fixes, and we’re hoping to have this resolved in the next patch. Please see the gh bug report Justin posted for updates. Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

Any update? We are 2 version ahead and still no difference. If there is some kind of serious problem you cannot easily fix, just tell me. I don’t want to pay for something that does not work.

Hey @michalcharvat sorry for the delay.

Latest update:

Bug still not completely fixed, possible solutions

• continue to restart agent on every crash
  • disable multi line completions

Let me talk to someone about getting you a credit while this is getting fixed.

@jdorfman Thats a good joke because currently I have to restart that process almost every 30 minutes or maybe more often. I have send one more trace to the github. Not sure if that helps. I will have to look for another solution though, because currently Cody is unusable in Jetbrains :frowning: